Good Luck, Something everyone has heard of, but not everyone believes in. Who would believe in something that magically comes up and makes you good at things like an artist getting a muse, its weird to think about it. Like a fairy godmother giving you the strength to get better at something. That’s basically luck. Good luck is an expression saying I hope you are great at what you are doing. Does luck really exist? But there is no such thing as luck. It isn’t a property, like mass, or an object. Rather, to talk about luck is to talk about how things might easily have gone… We can’t truly say of someone they’re lucky, meaning they are the kind of person to whom lucky things can be expected to happen. That is a definition I found on the internet. The history of luck was from middle Dutch. Then we stole the word. Luck has made an impact on the world like…
Then after we stole the word luck they made superstitions.
Symbols of bad luck:
- Giving a clock as a gift in Chinese culture, as in Chinese, to give a clock has the same pronunciation as attending their funeral
- Hanging a horseshoe with the ends pointing down, as it is believed that the luck will ‘fall out’
- Opening an umbrella while indoors
- On the Isle of Man, the mention of the word “longtail” (referring to a rat)
- Ouija board
- Navajo:- pointing at a rainbow
throwing rocks into the wind
– a coyote crossing one’s path heading north
– an owl flying over a house.
- Placing chopsticks straight up in a bowl of rice in Chinese and Japanese culture is reminiscent of food offerings left for the dead.
- Pointing towards feces (England)
GOOD LUCK like…
4 leaf clover
Knock on wood
Throwing salt over your shoulder
Also we have made competitions with luck. You might not think you know any, but you do like
- Scratch Tickets
- Gambling games like
- Online slots.
- Real money slots.
- Video poker.
- Pai gow.
If that wasn’t enough luck got the leprechaun:
Plus Saint Patrick’s Day!
Luck has come a long way. Before I end this paper,
Do you think luck is real? Think about it.